A collection for design lovers and fans of the artistic avant-gardes of the 20th century.
A historic collection of peerless modernity – composed of a chair, a table and a display cabinet – designed in 1939 and first produced in 1985, of remarkable design impact, reflecting the tenets of the purest Rationalism. The chair with its very slender structure in metal tubing has a woven seat in cord or cowhide. The table has a wooden or glass top on a metal base. The display cabinet, with structure in solid wood, features sliding panes of glass on the front. The back and shelves are also in glass, making it a light, essential presence.
Asnago & Vender
Both Mario and Claudio received Architecture Certification at the Bologna Institute of Fine Arts in 1922. The first joint projects were for competitions, among which the Como War Memorial. In 1928, after obtaining the right to practice as architects, together they opened the Studio Asnago-Vender Architetti. They were mostly involved in town planning architecture (schools - residence - churches...). Among the objects designed for interiors were tables and chairs with the characteristic X. The slender structure represents the architectural philosophy of the two designers: surfaces are wide but spaced out with empty spaces that point out the discreet presence of the material, which does not take away lightness, but only part of the stiff evenness that characterizes their interiors. After Asnago's retirement in 1971, Vender continued the business with his son Mario and Mario Moganti.