Floor lamp providing indirect light.
Bulb with reflector. Iron stem with vitrified enamel finish. Painted galvanized metal legs.
Achille Castiglioni was born in Milan in 1918. As early as 1940 he dedicated himself to testing industrial production with brothers Livio (1911-1979) and Pier Giacomo (1913-1968). After graduating in architecture in 1944, he began research into shapes, techniques and new materials, aimed at developing an integral design process.
He was one of the founders of ADI in 1956. In 1969, he was authorised by the Ministry of Education to teach Artistic Design for Industry and was a professor at Turin's Faculty of Architecture until 1980 and then professor of Industrial Design in Milan until 1993.
Pier Giacomo Castiglioni was born in 1913. In 1937, he established the Architecture,Urban Buildings and Research into Industrial Design practice with his brother Livio. In 1952 Livio left; another brother, Achille joined the practice in 1944.
He graduated from the Department of Architecture at Milan Polytechnic in 1937 and co-wrote a libel on the Milan Town Planning Scheme: “Fifty Significant Squares in theMilanof the Future” with the architect Carlo Pagani in 1938.
Lecturer and Assistant in Architectural Composition, Professor in Drawing and Relief Work at the Milan Faculty of Architecture. Member of the Board at the Association of Architects and at the Milan City Council Building Commission.