Base in white painted metal; structure/diffuser in heat-curved white opal methacrylate.
Materials: methacrylate, aluminium, zamac
Milano 06.10.1920 – 19.09.2006
Architect, town planner, and designer. Member of CIAM (1959). Since 1983, Honorary Fellow at the Royal College of Art, London, where he was appointed Honorary Professor in 1990 and Senior Fellow in 1996. In 1992 was Honorary Royal Designer for Industry at the London R.S.A. In 2002 received the honorary degree in Industrial Design from the Milan Polytechnic.
Participated to shows and lectured in Europe, America, and Japan.
Some of his designs are included in the permanent collections of the MOMA, New York, and of 13 American and European museums.
His architectural works in Milan include: the church of Santa Maria Nascente at QT8, the Park Tower on via Revere, the house at piazzale Aquileia, the house at piazza San Marco, the headquarters of the Department of Biology of the Milan State University, the underground depot at Famagosta.
Architectural projects also include: the Bassetti house in Azzate, the Bianchi house in Ghiffa, the Arosio and Gardella houses in Arenzano, the Cassina house in Carimate, the Cusano Milanino Town Hall, the Tanimoto house in Tokyo, the Cavagnari Centre of Cassa di Risparmio di Parma, and the “Esselunga” supermarket in Pantigliate.
Cooperated with important companies in the field of Industrial Design.