Clippings.com is the UK's leading trade sourcing platform for furniture and lighting. We're disrupting this fragmented industry by using technology to connect customers directly with over 850 brands, such as Knoll, Flos, HAY, Poliform & Moroso. We have created the go-to destination for product discovery with transparent pricing and online checkout; what was once a manual, time-consuming process is now instant. We're a team of serial entrepreneurs, ecommerce specialists and industry veterans. We're looking for a driven information professional to head up our catalogue team and lead all aspects of expanding, enriching and maintaining our catalogue data. Your focus will be on aggregating and structuring the vast quantity and variety of data that's currently unique to every brand, ultimately creating a new industry standard for product data that's never existed before. The role will suit an ambitious individual with great technical knowledge, a head for data, a passion for ecommerce and strong management skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement systems for collecting structured and unstructured data from multiple sources to grow and enrich our catalogue.
- Identify and experiment with ways of leveraging technology and manpower to accelerate the creation and maintenance of product information and data.
- Develop, implement, maintain, analyse and evolve a robust, scalable information architecture for the catalogue.
- Measure, analyse and report on progress of catalogue expansion and maintenance.
- Lead, manage, supervise and develop our teams for scraping, data entry and content management in multiple locations.
- Create, maintain and evolve training and reference materials necessary to scaling the teams working on catalogue content.
- Recommend improvements to interfaces that will increase the productivity of teams working on catalogue data
- Initiate and manage relationships with contractors, freelancers and third-party technology or service providers as appropriate.
- Work with the brands team to ensure complete and accurate representation of the full range of products from every one of our partners
- Work with the product team to identify and leverage opportunities for improving customers' shopping experience through the information we offer.
- Work with the growth/marketing team to optimise the catalogue data for effective discovery via onsite and offsite channels.
- Work with the content/editorial team to continually enrich the quality and depth of product information on the platform.
- Take responsibility for training new and existing team members on aspects of the catalogue and data model that are relevant to their roles.
- Contribute to materials that educate sellers about how they can produce and manage their own product data effectively.
What we're looking for:
- Qualification in information management and/or several years experience in coordinating the collection, organisation, manipulation, storage and maintenance of data.
- Proven success in information systems planning, database design, information engineering or systems re-engineering.
- Experience using programming to collect and manipulate data, either directly as an engineer or working with a team of programmers.
- Outstanding proficiency with speadsheets, databases and complex information management systems.
- Strong problem-solving and research skills, coupled with curiosity and the determination to find great solutions to tricky problems.
- An analytical mind, results-driven attitude and the motivation to constantly drive improvements in performance.
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex issues in clear, concise, persuasive language both verbally and in writing.
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, manage and motivate teams.
- High level of personal organisation, efficiency and motivation, plus exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- An ownership mentality with the ability to work independently as needed.
- The ambition to develop a career in a fast growing company with global ambitions.
What we're offering:
- The opportunity to join a world class team and play a key role in a fast-growing start-up that is revolutionising an industry
- A working environment that offers an exceptional freedom and the opportunity to develop your skills/knowledge at an extremely fast pace
- Competitive salary & share options
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter, explaining why you're interested in the role and what you can bring to our team.