Sales development executive
Sales development executive
This position offers a unique opportunity for those who are interested in starting or developing a career in sales at Clippings. As a sales development executive, you will conduct consultations with interior designers, architects and the design community across the UK.
This involves doing a high volume of outbound calls to educate prospects about the benefits of a Clippings trade account, assisting them with creating an account, and teaching them how to use our platform.
We are seeking candidates who are passionate about developing their professional career in sales, are tech savvy, love to interact with others and are comfortable dealing with clients and prospects on the phone.
- Contacting leads via phone to explain the advantages of a Clippings trade account, help them to create an account, and teach them how to use the platform
- Identifying and prioritising leads for new business from a variety of sources, including trade events and industry research
- Qualifying all sales leads based upon specific lead qualification criteria
- Conducting research into relevant businesses that we should engage with
- Reporting on activities to provide insight into performance
- Providing user feedback to the marketing, product and account management teams
What we're looking for
- With previous telephone sales experience, you are comfortable cold calling and selling over the phone
- Experience interacting with customers/sale prospects
- A passion for sales; you love driving new business and get a buzz from building new relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and resilience - you enjoy talking with people in person and over the phone
- An ownership mentality with an ability to work independently as needed; you love getting stuff done
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A passion for design, architecture and furniture
What we're offering
- The opportunity to join a world-class team and play a key role in a fast-growing start-up that is revolutionising the design industry
- A working environment that offers an exceptional freedom and the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge at an extremely fast pace
- Competitive salary
- Designer furnished, spacious loft office
- Free team lunches twice a month
- Annual team holiday
Who we are
Clippings is using technology to revolutionise the interior design industry. We're the UK's fastest growing source for furniture and lighting, with thousands of interior designers and architects using our platform to manage their projects from inspiration to installation.
We're disrupting this fragmented industry and completely reimagining the design process; what was once a manual, time-consuming ordeal is now instant, so interior designers can spend more time doing the creative work that this profession is really all about.
Our founders are serial entrepreneurs who first met at architecture school. We're VC-backed by industry veterans including David Begg (founder and ex CEO of Tom Dixon) Pascal Cagni (former VP and GM EMEIA of Apple) and Fiona Dent (Group MD of Time Inc).
Working here is intense, challenging and rewarding. If you thrive on ambitious goals, constant learning and getting stuck in, we're offering an unrivalled chance to realise your potential in a key role at a fast-paced startup with global ambitions.
How to apply
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with "Sales development executive" in the subject line.