Careers - project manager for fair stand
We’re looking for an exceptional projects manager to join us for 3 months to work on a variety of special projects and events including the London Design Festival.
Joining our Business Development team, you’ll report directly to our Senior Business Development Manager and manage all aspects of planning, execution and administration of a trade fair and special events we are hosting, over the next 3 months.
This temporary role will suit an exhibitions or events manager with a minimum of 2 years project management experience who thrives at working at a fast pace on multiple projects. If you’re an ambitious, energetic person looking to gain experience with a dynamic tech start-up we want to hear from you.
- Manage the design and logistics of the trade fair stand.
- Project manage the installation of the stand.
- Negotiate all printing of all marketing materials.
- Sourcing materials and equipment from multiple suppliers.
- Manage receipts and budget for the equipment hire.
- Coordinate the distribution of all the marketing materials.
- Maintain the stands provision and make sure it is fit for purpose each day.
- Provide support to staff during the fair
- Solving problems and seizing opportunities as they arise
- Gathering data for reporting and analysis
- Process data for reporting and analysis, ensure it is in good order
- Help with any dismantling of the stand and return of borrowed equipment
- Adhoc duties as and when they arise
What we're looking for
- Minimum 2 years project management experience in creative industries
- Exceptionally high levels of personal organisation
- Unflappable ability to solve problems and get things done
- Flexibility and drive to flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to grasp complex concepts quickly and remember specifics
- A questioning mind and ruthless attention to the details
- Confident communication and collaboration skills
- A great eye for graphic design, photography and imagery
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) or similar
- Energetic, proactive and relentlessly positive attitude
What we're offering
- The opportunity to join a world-class team and play a key role in a fast-growing start-up that is revolutionising the design industry
- A working environment that offers an exceptional freedom and the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge at an extremely fast pace
- Designer furnished, spacious loft office
- Free team lunches twice a month
- Competitive wage
Who we are
Clippings is using technology to revolutionise the interior design industry. We're the UK's fastest growing source for furniture and lighting, with thousands of interior designers and architects using our platform to manage their projects from inspiration to installation.
We're disrupting this fragmented industry and completely reimagining the design process; what was once a manual, time-consuming ordeal is now instant, so interior designers can spend more time doing the creative work that this profession is really all about.
Our founders are serial entrepreneurs who first met at architecture school. We're VC-backed by industry veterans including David Begg (founder and ex CEO of Tom Dixon) Pascal Cagni (former VP and GM EMEIA of Apple) and Fiona Dent (Group MD of Time Inc).
Working here is intense, challenging and rewarding. If you thrive on ambitious goals, constant learning and getting stuck in, we're offering an unrivalled chance to realise your potential in a key role at a fast-paced startup with global ambitions.
How to apply
Interviews will take place in person at our office in Shoreditch during the week. Candidates must be available to work full time for months starting 13th August, including some evenings.
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Freelance Projects Manager” in the subject line.