Careers - Editorial event manager
We're looking for a driven and energetic events manager to run our regular programme of editorial trend briefings, showroom breakfasts and meetups for interior designers and architects in London. Joining our editorial team and reporting to our editor-in-chief, you'll ensure every Clippings event is an amazing and valuable experience for our community.
This is a new full-time role based at our office in Shoreditch, with a proportion of your time working on-site at venues across London. If you're creative, analytical, organised and keen to work in an environment where you're learning all the time, this role is for you.
- Own the entire planning, project management and implementation of editorial events.
- Secure participation of partners, brands, speakers and collaborators.
- Negotiate with suppliers to arrange venues, staffing, equipment, delivery, catering.
- Book and liaise with photographers, filmmakers and sound engineers as needed.
- Develop and maintain event listings on our website and third party platforms.
- Generate and monitor guest lists, ensuring high quality and quantity of attendees.
- Create and evolve campaigns to drive attendance via multiple channels.
- Co-ordinate the creation, ordering and distribution of promotional materials.
- Ensure smooth running on the day including arrival flow and technical equipment.
- Maintain project documentation and ensure the right people are kept up to date.
- Manage the procurement, maintenance and storage of events equipment.
- Drive continuous improvement through reporting, feedback loops and analytics.
What we're looking for
- Exceptional organisation skills and proven project management success.
- Great eye for detail and sense of what makes a remarkable experience.
- A flair for dealing with people and consistently effective communication.
- Persuasive presentation manner and confident negotiation abilities.
- Understanding of digital channels including newsletter platforms and social media.
- Analytical mindset, constantly seeking to optimise process and results.
- The flexibility and drive to flourish in a fast-paced and ambitions environment.
- One to two years experience managing events is preferable.
What we're offering
- The opportunity to join a world-class team with global ambitions.
- The chance to play a key role in the start-up revolutionising the design industry.
- Support to develop your skills and knowledge at an extremely fast pace.
- Ownership of your work and recognition for the results you can achieve.
- Designer furnished, spacious loft office in Shoreditch.
- Competitive salary.
Who we are
Clippings is using technology to revolutionise the interior design industry. We're the UK's fastest growing source for furniture and lighting, with thousands of interior designers and architects using our platform to manage their projects from inspiration to installation.
We're disrupting this fragmented industry and completely reimagining the design process; what was once a manual, time-consuming ordeal is now instant, so interior designers can spend more time doing the creative work that this profession is really all about.
Our founders are serial entrepreneurs who first met at architecture school. We're VC-backed by industry veterans including David Begg (founder and ex CEO of Tom Dixon) Pascal Cagni (former VP and GM EMEIA of Apple) and Fiona Dent (Group MD of Time Inc).
Working here is intense, challenging and rewarding. If you thrive on ambitious goals, constant learning and getting stuck in, we're offering an unrivalled chance to realise your potential in a key role at a fast-paced startup with global ambitions.
How to apply
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Editorial event manager" in the subject line.